PreK Sunday School
Click on the lesson link to download the lesson. A photo copy of each lesson will be in the lesson box in the Nursery at Church along with all the needed materials for that week.
January 21 - Lesson 6 - Jane
January 28 - Lesson 7 - Jackie and Susi
February 4 - Lesson 8 - Ruth
February 4 - Group Meeting after Church - 30 minutes
February 11 - Lesson 9 - Jane
February 18 - Lesson 10 - Jackie
February 25 - Lesson 11 - Ruth
March 4 - Lesson 12 - Jane
March 4 - Group Meeting after Church - 30 minutes
March 11 - Lesson 13 - Jackie
March 18 - Lesson 1 - Ruth
March 25 - Lesson 2 - Susi
April 1 - Easter - no Sunday School
April 8 - Lesson 3 - Jane
April 8 - Group Meeting after Church - 30 minutes
April 15 - Lesson 5 - Jackie
April 22 - Lesson 6 - Ruth
April 29 - Lesson 7 - Jane
What an amazing gift the PreK Sunday School Teachers at Luther Community Church are to the children and parents. This role is no small blessing to the lives it touches and we are so grateful! To set realistic expectations here is a list of the responsibilities in the class room and to prepare for each class before you teach.
- Please review the schedule above and let Susi know if those dates do not work for you.
- If you have agreed to a date but can not make it last minute, please give a call to the other team members to see if they might be able to take over or switch with you.
- Each date and class has a corresponding lesson. The lesson and supplies will be placed in a box in the class room. The week before your class, please take the box home to prepare for the week.
- Review the lessons during the week prior to your class and make sure all supplies are present. If they are not, please let Susi know and I will help get the supplies for you prior to class
- During class, welcome students and take attendance on the wall attendance sheet.
- There are on average about 4-5 children in each class. The ages of the children range from 2 - 5. If the younger children are distracted attempt to re-engage them or let the play quietly.
- After class checkin with Susi to discuss what went well and what could be done better for future classes.
- Meet as a teachers group once per month to discuss what is working and what we could do better.